Atlanta DUI Attorney
If you have been arrested for DUI, good news, you’ve come to the right place. As an experienced Atlanta DUI Attorney, Justin D. Williams will fight for you to help you improve your chances of avoiding a lengthy license suspension and even jail time.
The 10 Day Rule
The ten-day period after a DUI arrest is very important in Georgia. This pertains to an administrative action the officer likely initiated against your driver’s license. Simply stated, if you do not follow exact steps for requesting a hearing within ten business days of your arrest, in most cases, the Georgia Department of Driver Services will automatically suspend your driver’s license.
A DUI charge is a serious Georgia crime and should be taken seriously. If you have been convicted of driving under the influence in the past and are now facing another DUI charge, the penalties are more severe that could result in the loosing of your license and jail time.
Felony DUI Defense
Have you been charged with a felony DUI in Georgia? In Georgia, Driving Under the Influence charges are generally misdemeanor offenses, but under certain circumstances, DUI can be charged as a felony offense. When you are facing criminal charges such as felony DUI,
We Know DUI Law
The Law Firm of Williams & Williams knows Georgia DUI Laws. We will fight for you to get you the best results that your DUI case will allow.
Atlanta DUI Defense Attorneys
Been Arrested For DUI?
Our DUI Attorneys are ready to help – call us 24/7 for a FREE case review.
Welcome To Williams & Williams – Atlanta DUI Attorney
10 DAY RULE
Passion. Wisdom. Results.
An Atlanta Ga DUI Defense Firm.
Dedicated Atlanta Ga DUI Attorneys- Dedicated Georgia Criminal Defense Lawyer
The Williams and Williams Georgia DUI defense firm works diligently to protect you from the overwhelming consequences of being convicted of a DUI in the state of Georgia.
Being charged with a DUI does not mean that you are guilty. Georgia DUI citations can be a terrifying experience, and can bring upon the probability of high priced burdens such as loss of license and or jail time. Never leave yourself to the mercy of a state prosecutor. That is one of the worst mistakes you can make!
Justin Williams at Williams and Williams Georgia DUI Defense Firm, is a Georgia DUI attorney that you can count on to fight to the full for your rights.
Justin and Dennis have a passion for fighting DUI cases, the wisdom that only comes from experience, and the results that prove their dedication.
Williams and Williams is a Georgia DUI defense firm that has been fighting Georgia DUI’s in Georgia with a combined forty years of legal experience.
10 Warning For Atlanta Georgia DUI Cases Day:
If you have been arrested for DUI in Atlanta Georgia, you only have 10 business days to request an ALS Hearing. The State charges $150 to file for the hearing and if the hearing is not requested, your driver’s license or privilege to drive in our State will be suspended. If you are accused of refusing the breath, blood, or urine test, the license suspension will be 12 months in length, without a permit to drive. So, the stakes are high. There is no second chance to have your case properly handled.
With only ten (10) days to request a hearing with the Department of Driver Services before your license is suspended it is imperative that you hire a criminal defense lawyer quickly.
Atlanta Georgia DUI consultation at Williams and Williams can in most cases be done initially over the phone. This not only saves you the time in traveling to the office but also can reduce the overall cost of your case. Atlanta Georgia DUI cases can bring you many pressures, we at Williams and Williams Atlanta Georgia DUI defense law firm commit to alleviating a good bit of these pressures by phone consultations and dedicated legal practice. This allows us to be available at night and on weekends.
Whether you use Williams and Williams Atlanta Georgia DUI law firm or not there are several questions you should ask any Atlanta DUI attorney before hiring them. Here is a list of such questions as we would suggest you ask.
Attorney Background - you will want to hire an Atlanta DUI attorney who specializes in Georgia DUI law.
- How long have you been an Atlanta DUI Attorney?
- Where did you go to law school / when did you graduate?
- Have you practiced (or do you practice) any other types of law?
- How many DUI clients do you represent each year?
- How many DUI clients do your represent at any one time?
- How often do you appear at the courthouse where my case will be heard?
- Do you know the prosecutor / judge / police officers in my case?
- Is it your practice to first try to negotiate a plea agreement?
- How often do you take cases to trial?
- What is the definition of a “win?”
- Can you appear for me at court?
- What is a general practitioner versus a specialist?
- Why have you chosen to be a DUI Lawyer versus another practice area?
Are you well-reviewed and highly-rated by former clients and peers?
Representation- Now you should ask questions about the actual representation this attorney will provide.
- Will you be personally appearing on my case, or an associate?
- Can I meet the associate?
- Who should I call with questions as they come up?
- How long does it generally take for you return a call when I leave a message?
- What is the best way to get in touch with you?
- Will I receive regular updates on my case or do I need to check in with you?
- Can I have my attorney’s cell phone number and personal email address?
- Have you handled and won cases like mine?
- If I have an emergency on a weekend, can I get into contact with my Attorney?
- Can my Attorney be reached at night?
- Can my Attorney be reached on weekends?
- Can I reach my Attorney by text message?
Case Evaluation - During the consultation the attorney will have questions for you about your arrest and your case. Once you have answered as best you can, you may want to go over some of the questions below about your particular case.
- Would you recommend a plea agreement or a trial in my case?
- What are the facts and circumstances that are in my favor?
- What are the factors that may go against me?
- What is your plan for the different stages of my case? (Arraignment, pretrial conference, motion hearings, trial)
- Do you have a former police officer to serve as my investigator?
- Do you have an accident reconstructionist for serious injury and death cases?
- Do you investigate every case, even if a case looks solid for the prosecution?
- Can my case be won with a properly filed and argued motion to suppress?
- Have there been any recent changes in the laws that apply to my case?
- Are there any new penalties that apply to my case?
- Do I have a fair judge assigned to my case?
- Do I have a reasonable prosecutor assigned to my case?
Legal Fees - a DUI is expensive. Many DUI lawyers in Atlanta Georgia have worked out creative ways for you to pay fees.
- Do you bill by the hour or a flat fee?
- What does the fee include? What is not included?
- Are there other expenses for which I’ll be responsible?
- What forms of payment do you accept?
- What payment options do you offer?
- Is any portion of the fee refundable?
- Do you take credit and debit cards?
- Is there a separate fee to go to trial or to file an appeal?
- Is there a promise of a particular outcome?
- Why are the fees for an associate less than for Mr. Lawson?
- Why not charge an hourly fee versus a flat fee?
- Is the $150 DDS filing fee part of the attorney’s fees?
- Who is responsible for paying the court-reporter (stenographer)?
- Who is responsible for paying expert witnesses?
- Who is responsible for paying fines and court-costs?
The right Atlanta Georgia DUI Law firm can have an enormous effect on your DUI case and the rest of your life.
ATLANTA GEORGIA DUI INFORMATION
This website will be your first resource to video Georgia DUI information. We update this site frequently with videos to better explain all things Georgia DUI.
You will find video after video of extensive Georgia DUI information for each of the many jurisdictions in which our Atlanta DUI defense law firm practices. You will find through our video Atlanta Georgia DUI information that we are the right law firm for all your Atlanta Georgia DUI needs.
IF YOU HAVE BEEN ARRESTED FOR DUI IN ATLANTA GEORGIA, YOUR RIGHT TO DRIVE WILL BE GONE IN 10 DAYS!
The Department of Driver Services only gives you ten (10) days from the date of your arrest to request a hearing to stop the automatic suspension of your driver’s license. A DUI license suspension in Georgia can be up to one year. This makes it very important that you hire the right Atlanta DUI Attorney from an Atlanta GA law firm today. In the case that you are charged with your first DUI our services still have value to you for there are many different types of restricted permits that we can help you get to insure that this conviction does no more damage to your life as possible.
If the police have accused you of refusing to take the breath, blood, or urine tests, the consequences can be the loss of your driver’s license or privilege to drive on the roadways of Atlanta Georgia for a minimum period of one year. Contact our Atlanta DUI Attorney at Williams and Williams today and put their experience to work for you. Your case will not defend itself, and delay can cause irreparable damage to your DUI Defense and your driving privileges.
We are experts at handling those suspected of both driving under the influence of alcohol and those suspected of driving under the influence of both illegal and prescription drugs. DUI Drugs and DUI Prescription Drugs are serious charges in Atlanta Georgia and need the attention of Atlanta attorneys who are experts in the defense of those charges. The evidentiary standards are different in DUI Drug cases. You need expert representation to make sure you get a fair outcome.
The consequence for DUI Drugs can even be worse than DUI Alcohol. The same can be true for Prescription Drug DUI; which has become even more prevalent. For example, if you are convicted of DUI Drugs, you will not qualify for a permit to drive. Never plead guilty to any case that involves marijuana or other drugs unless that offense is amended to exclude the mention of drugs in the sentence and the charge itself. Many DUI Attorneys in Atlanta Georgia do not know that pleading guilty to DUI Drugs will result in a total loss of their client’s drivers license.
Just because you have taken a prescription drug does not mean you are under the influence of that drug to the extent that you are less safe to drive. It is important to hire DUI Drug Lawyers and DUI Prescription Drug Lawyers in order to defend against those charges As mentioned, the consequences for DUI Marijuana can be even more severe than an alcohol related DUI.
We will personally handle every aspect of your case from arraignment, investigation, plea-bargaining and trial. We also have a relationship with expert appellate lawyers who can defend your rights even if you are convicted. We will do everything possible to get your conviction overturned, and we will fight for you every step of the way.
Types of Cases Handled By Our Atlanta DUI Attorney:
Our office handles not only DUI cases but cases related to, or associated with DUI.
These cases include:
- Multiple offense DUI
- Habitual Violator
- Boating Under the Influence
- Juvenile DUI cases
- Reckless Driving
- Hit and Run
- Violations of probation in Atlanta Georgia
- All minor traffic offenses that are routinely associated with a DUI
- Suspended license cases
- Atlanta Georgia DUI Child Endangerment
- Minor in Possession of Alcohol
If you allegedly failed a breath-test or field sobriety testing, it does not mean you are guilty. Police officers make mistakes and machines do not always work. Our experienced Atlanta DUI Attorney and investigators will evaluate whether the police made a mistake in your Georgia DUI case. We will also check to make sure the breath test was working correctly when you took your test.
Know Your Legal Rights
Our Atlanta DUI Lawyers are passionate about what they do, have the experience to handle your case and the know- how to get you the best results.
PassionWe are extremely passionate about what we do.
WisdomOver 40 years of combined legal experience.
ResultsOur results speak for themselves.
Justin D. Williams
Dennis R. Williams
Contact Our Atlanta DUI Lawyers Today
Williams & Williams Law Firm, LLC
201 17th St NW
#300 Atlanta, GA 30363
Atlanta DUI Attorney