Are You Suing A Drunk Driver? Here’s What You Need To Know…

Every day throughout Texas, drunk drivers cause car crashes, motorcycle accidents, and truck crashes. If you are one of the many innocent parties who have had their families torn apart as a result of their actions, then rest assured you have legal options.

You may be entitled to financial compensation for your injuries and the time you had to take off work. Whether you or someone you care about was injured or killed by a drunk driver, you may be in the right position to sue.

What Is Dram Shop Liability?

In the right circumstances, and with the right DWI accident lawyer, you may be able to sue the business who sold alcohol to the drunk driver that caused your accident. Bars, liquor stores, restaurants, and other businesses, can all be held liable for injuries and wrongful death.

Talk to your personal injury lawyer about dram shop liability. The establishment may be liable if they:


Served alcohol to someone who was visibly intoxicated and posed a danger to others.


Served alcohol to a minor who caused the DWI crash that injured you or your loved ones.

So, if you or a loved one has been hit by a drunk driver, contact us today. The attorneys John Ward Law Firm are here to help!

What The Law Allows When You Sue A Drunk Driver

Have you have been in a crash as a result of a drunk driver’s actions? Let your personal injury lawyer in Texas fight for compensatory and punitive damages from the driver’s insurance company on your behalf.

Compensatory damages allow you to pay medical bills and make up for lost wages, while also repaying you for emotional trauma.

Punitive damages are something your personal injury attorney can also fight for. They are designed to punish the drunk driver for being at fault for your injuries, while also making an example out of someone who has done something wrong.

  • Counseling services (including grief counseling)
  • Funeral expenses
  • Loss of enjoyment of life
  • Lost earning capacity
  • Lost wages
  • Medical expenses, including long-term or ongoing care and future medical expenses
  • Pain and suffering
  • Permanent scarring or disfigurement.